Sahara Group is a leading privately owned Power, Energy, Gas and Infrastructure Conglomerate established in 1996 with operating companies active in the downstream, midstream, upstream, infrastructure and power sectors.
Job Function: Inventory Officer
Supervise and coordinate the activities of material management which includes; storage of mainly construction materials, merchandise, items, etc., and proper distribution those engaged in inventory management and to ensure that optimum levels of inventory is maintained and that it is at par with quality standards. He/she is also responsible for keeping a track of the inventory records and making sure that it is accurate
The inventory officer is responsible for monitoring the movement of stock from in and out of the warehouse. He/she is involved in preparing the weekly reports of all the activities in the warehouse like the consignment received, the quantity of items received, point of collection and dispatch, stacking number, outstanding balance, etc.
- To liaise with procurement on expected goods and reconciliation of stock received.
- Must ensure the integrity of Inventory management system, notification of low level stock items and recommendation for order.
- To make adequate storage space for incoming stock items and proper arrangement for offloading of goods.
- To dispense stock from storage by measuring, counting and/or cutting requested amounts
- To review stock/inventory reports and use knowledge of goods and requirement trends to estimate needs and order appropriate quantities while recommending additions or deletions to standard stock items.
- To perform physical count/inventory exercise periodically and reconcile with records and /or inventory tickets; send reports to auditors or designated departments; researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Be responsible for storing materials, supplies, equipment, etc. according to weight, temperature, size, safety precautions or other concerns.
- Resolve challenges or complaints presented by staff and users/customers/vendors/agents
- To keep accurate records of stock cost prices and quantity on hand.
- Must be responsible for detailed and Accurate entry of New stock/Received stocks into the inventory management system
- Accurate / complete approval documentation for all goods issued/received from stock/store
- Ensure 100% compliance with documented stock management processes
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs particularly Microsoft excel and Microsoft word
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
- Ordinary National & Higher National Degree holders ONLY
- 1- 2 years of cognate experience on a similar role.Personality Traits:
- Possess high Integrity
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Hard working, diligent and energetic
- A team player with ability to communicate effectively across boundaries
- Pays attention to details
- Excellent numeracy and organizational skills
- Process oriented
- Procurement team
- Store keepers in other locations
- Audit department
- Accounting / Finance department
- Line Manager
- Other Companies within the group
- Project and Facility Management teams